Tuesday, September 16, 2014

WHERE DID THE TIME GO? WHAT HAPPENED ? A WHOLE YEAR, PRACTICALLY!

I'm not a very consistent person.....you probably already figured that one out.  I don't write well, and I've not been doing any sewing, garment wise.  I need to....I'm down to 3 dresses now.....need to take drastic measures!

I've been concentrating on trying to get everyone's quilts done for Christmas.

I've got one all but the binding done.  I had my friend LAQ it for me.  It turned out rather nice, if I do say so myself!

Then, I decided that I can't ask my friend to keep doing my quilts for free and I don't have 200.00 a quilt to have them done, so......I'm learning to free motion quilt and will do it myself!

Here are a few of my practice pieces:  well, maybe not.  I can't locate them on my hard drive.  I will have to transfer them over from my notebook.

I'm really fascinated with the Hunter Star block.
I think it is beautiful.  There is a special ruler you have to use to make it .
I also love the lemoyne block

They are both eight-pointed blocks, but I like the challenge of the Hunter block better.

I want to make my son a quilt.  His favorite colors are dk purple, orange and black.
I could do a purple and orange quilt with the Hunter star.  Or I could use a medium purple and orange for the star (the small one) and use black for the 1/2 square triangles that are red and white in the pic above, then use the purple and orange at the four corners.
I think that might look ok.  I'll have to get some test fabric and work on it.

Well, that's about it for now.   I've been off work today because I have developed severe osteo arthritis in my right knee and have the beginnings of osteoporosis.  The pain has been incredible since last Friday.  I went to the doctor on Monday after work, they xrayed and we had to wait until today to get the report back, since the radiologist had left for the day.  (there was a spot on the film and they had to determine if I had a fracture there or not.)  So out came the brace and the crutches with instructions to stay off of it.   Ha!  Like that was going to be easy.....anyways, no fracture...although I think it might have been easier as it would have healed.  So now I can learn to live with this.  
So, I'm off to bed.  I'm taking tomorrow off as I still can't stand or walk very far....hopefully one more day will make a big difference.  Night, all.
LO

No comments:

Post a Comment