Thursday, March 15, 2012

Finally, hemmed!

Last night I finally got my coverstitch function to work properly.   I hemmed the t shirt bottom and sleeves, then attempted to put a bank on it.  The band was too short, so tonight I"ll unstitch it...and recut the band to the proper length.   Sew it on, then coverstitch the neckline too.

I am also going to fix a black knit skirt I have where the elastic has pulled apart.  (provided I can find it).  so pictures are forthcoming.....
I've got the fabric ready to cut out a dress, that is next on the docket.

Sunday, March 11, 2012

I sewed the t shirt as is.  It fits absolutely perfectly!  I was shocked.  I still have to put the hems and the neck band on.  I pulled out my serger/coverstitch machine, but haven't got it working quite right yet.  I'll keep at it because I really want to coverstitch this shirt.  It is a knit, hot pink.  I have a black knit skirt I will wear it with.  I'm going to get it done this week, by hook or by crook.
I've washed some challis and will cut out a dress tomorrow evening.   I'm going to use the straight 26.  Hopefully it will fit well.  The last time I made it I was around this weight, so it should fit reasonably well.  Then I'll have two new outfits.   I've got to go find some rayon to make the same dress and a matching jacket with a white inset and white lapels on the jacket.  It will be a very pretty outfit. 

I've been looking for some new shoes.  I havent found anything I like yet.  Everything has such high heels and I'm not able to wear those anymore.  I think I'm going to look at naturalizer and see if they have anything dressy and comfortable.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

I went to iron the black  poly /linen isn't poly linen blend.  I don't know what it is but it won't work for my jacket.  It doesn't iron up nice a t all.  Looks old and used.  blah....
so I cut out my pink t shirt in a 2x but forgot to lengthen it.  :(  I'm going to sew it up anyway and I think it will be long enough to wear with a black skirt I have, that I am finally into.   So I wound 3 bobbins from the cone thread , then took my son to supper for his birthday.  I've sat down now and that was a huge mistake, but maybe I'll get it sewn up tonight.  I'm anxious to get it done so I can see what modifications I'll need to do .
Ok, I've tried the pattern tracing on.  It is still too big in the top, so I'm going to take 1/2 tuck in the front and back across the width and lengthen 1 1/2 inches in the torso, and lower the bust point 1 inch.  Then I'm going to cut it out and see what happens.  Oh and take 1/2 inch out of the sleeve of course.  Hopefully it will look like I want it to  :)
I'll try and post a pic when I've got that much sewn up.

Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm going to modify the pattern I traced last week and then cut it out today.  Hopefully I'll have a new outfit by Sunday.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Not much in the way of sewing this week.

I didn't get any sewing done this week.  But I did get another pattern traced off.  I'm working on Burda 8108 the Jacket A.  I traced off a 26 in the bust and gradually went to a 28 in the hips.  I pinned the pattern fabric onto myself and it looks pretty good except the back neck has too much fabric so I think I need to decrease it and the sleeve to make it lie smooth.  I'm going to try that a little later today and see what I think.   I'm doing my muslin in a very inexpensive poly/linen black that I got from I think about 2 years ago.  I bought 10 yards thinking it would make good muslin fabric.  I think I got it for less than 2 bucks a yard.  Cheaper than real muslin....
Ive been going to trace off the 2x on the tshirt I did earlier this month, but I misplaced the pattern.  My hubby found it last night.   So I have that to do as well.