Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Not much progress this week

I haven't done much this week, except work.  I'm excited because I'm starting into a new phase of my job...change is always good!  :)

I went to the doctor today.  Potassium is back down, too low....so back on potassium and lasix as my feet or gigantic.......plus i keep fluctuating 8 pounds.....it's killing me.  I've been so good on this plan.....tonight I broke down and had a hamburger (off the grill) on a whole wheat bun, with onion and mustard.....oh it was so good.    It will be interesting to see what it does to the weight.  I don't feel like I
ve cheated, I just discussed with the doc about not eating hardly any carbs....aside from vegetables.  No bread, no refined flour, nothing except eggs, cheese, nuts, veggies, some meat, more beans than anything.......and more veggies...did I mention veggies....o my.......I need to plant a garden.  But he said I should eat more calories and it should push me over the edge, then I can drop back down again.  Sometimes the metabolism needs a shock to the system.    So I ate the bun tonight.   But it wasn't white flour.  Every once in awhile, I'll eat someting not as nutritous as usual, but according to the guide I'm following, it's ok to add these foods in occassionaly.   I just can't do it often.  It sends my blood sugars up and I'm not willing to pump more insulin just to eat.....no way, no how!  So tomorrow, it's back to the usual....and I'm good with that.....I still haven't had any sugar, or high glycemic carbs....so I'm doing great.
The doc also gave me a b12 shot....it was way low and he said that could be the reason I'm so tired, and the neuropathy in my feet being worse than usual.  Hopefully he is right and I'll start feeling better.  I still haven't exercised since I was in the hospital on Easter.    One thing at a time....I suppose.

Now on to my favorite subject....sewing.    I did finish the pink top.  It is a little big in the neckline, but it will work for now.   I still have to finsh the skirt....I know, that was the plan last week......it didn't happen.  But my old clothes are getting ridicoulsly too big.    One of my co workers came up and asked me if I was losing weight.   He's the first person who's really noticed, or said anything.   My boss has been very supportive and cheers me on.    so that was a fun experience.  You can see the weight loss in my face more than anything.     Sorry I digress........   I need to finish the skirt, and cut out another dress.   I want to make one like the ones I've been wearing.   I'm not sure how to describe it, but I'm going to pleat down 18inches  across the bodice in 1/4 inch pleats, then lay a pattern bodice on top of it and cut it out.  I think it will work.  If I can photo it as I'm doing it, you'll get the picture.   They are so comfortable and I can't find the style anywhere....so I'll copy it.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment