Saturday, August 31, 2013

So, I watched the Craftsy class on plus size fitting with Barbara Deckert again last night.   I decided to get out Simplicity 1586 and upsize the dress.

It wasn't too bad.  I took all the measurements (shell shocked!) but quickly recovered and started altering the pattern.  Tonight, I'm going to cut it out on an old sheet to fit it. 

I'm excited because I am finally getting my blood sugars straightened out I think.   Working the nightshift has been difficult trying to figure out what to eat, when to eat, when to sleep, etc.   I'm still not sleeping a regular schedule, but today when I woke up at four, let me back track,  when I went to bed at 9:30 my blood sugar was 133.  I decided to not take any insulin to see what happened.  I woke at 4pm and took my sugar.  It was 108!  I had also put myself to a little test.   I have a pair of stationary pedals (bike) that I ride. I've never been convinced that they do any good.  So last night I rode for 30 minutes.  When I went to bed at 2:30am my bs was 167.  (mind you I was also being very careful in what I ate).  I took 4 units of Humalog.  My blood sugar was 161 when I woke up at 6:30am.   I took 4 units again.   Then I rode the pedals for 1 hour and 20 minutes.    When I went back to bed, my blood sugar was 133.  Ok, so the insulin had pulled it down.  Not a lot, but so much better than being 278 when I go to bed or get up.   So imagine my surprise at 4 when it was 108!  Estatic to say the least.  I have to surmise that the exercise does indeed work, so I'll keep it up.     So I've eaten a meal.   I had about 3 oz of hard cheese, dill pickles and green peppers (grown in my friends garden).   I will take my sugar in about an hour and see where it is at.  In the meantime I will hop back on my pedals while I was the finale of Biggest loser from whatever season.   I'm bound and determined to get back on track like I was last year.  I can do this.  It just takes effort and time,  but I know I can do it.     I started back to the gym a month ago, and can now ride a regular stationary bike instead of the recumbent.   My knee doesnt' hurt too much.  But I can only maintain about 15 minutes on the bike at a good pace.  So maybe by working it at home too, I can work up time at the gym.   My membership runs out in FEbruary, so I need to really make good use of the time left.  I don't know if i'll sign up again or not.

Well, as you can see I ramble back and forth.    But i'm excited.  I think life might be turning around again and I just can't let it go back to what it was........

After I cut out and sew my test garment, I will try and take pics.....now remember, I'm a big girl, it won't be pretty, but something I need to do to motivate me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment