Monday, January 2, 2012

The first Monday of the New Year - what's the plan?

Well, I've been up since 4 a.m., so I might as well get started on something.
First thing, I will clean off the kitchen table so I can actually do something.
Ok,  I've got the area organized again.   I'm trying to decide what to sew.  I need new dresses, as I have already mentioned.  But  I'd like to make a denim skirt and a knit top.  I found my stash of knits and so I'm thinking that is the direction I want to go in.
This Connie Crawford pattern keeps calling to me.  Do you think the skirt would work in a light weight denim?   I've got a lot, and I mean A LOT of denim that is lightweight enough, I think I t would work for a skirt.   I think that'll be the plan.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lorri, I like that pattern but haven't had much success with her pattern draft. I don't think there is much to mess up with a skirt, so I'm sure it's fine. If you wrap your denim around your waist loosely, you will see how it will drape. Don't forget that denim progressively shrinks, so it's best to wash it in hot and dry in a hot dryer 3-4 times before cutting it out. I'm looking forward to seeing the final garment.

    ReplyDelete