Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years Eve

I hope everyone has a very good evening and stay safe.
   I have the grandkids tonight.  They didn't come last night.  We are watching Cars 2.  I am  blogging.
Kya brought her Nintendo DS.  I had bought her a couple of games for it.   I had made a bag a long time ago and her Nintendo fits in it perfectly.  There is a pocket on the inside for the charger.  Tonight I threw together, a book type folder that will hold 12 game cartridges.  It's very simple, not very professional, but it serves the purpose.  She seems happy with it.
Jeff is going to the movies with his friends.  Other than that, not much is going on in this household.  I had to run to Joann's today and get another skein of thread to finish this afghan I started.  They didn't have any lavendar which is what I needed.  I thought that was weird because that's where I bought it the first time.  So I started searching through the bins and I found one skein.  Good thing it is all I need!  So I was happy about that and I had a 40% coupon to boot.   Then I picked my husband up at Trax and we went to the grocery store.  After that we stopped at McD's and got lunch to take home.  By this time, it was almost 2:30.  We watched the end of  The Ghost and Mr. Chicken with Don Knotts.   Cute show.   Then the kids came.  So that's been my day in a nutshell.
After the kids go down to sleep, I will start working on the afghan again.   The colors are tangerine, soft white and lavendar.  Odd, but strangely pretty, I think.  Hopefully she'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment