Monday, December 26, 2011

Musings over what to do.......

Well,  I have to be frank and admit.....I am not a goal setter.  But I've been thinking a lot and looking at others' blogs and can see where they who have set goals, have accomplished so much more than they who have not.....namely ME!
So what do I need to set goals on........hmmm  let me think...........oh yes, I can certainly come up with a few.
1.  Losing weight.  Isn't that a goal almost everyone who is health conscious sets?  I've been watching my cousin, Cat, who is looking great.   She has "Fat Butt Friday" where she records her weight loss journey each week.  That is a great idea.
2.  Sewing on something each day of the year, even if it is small.
3.  Making a list of what you want to sew on in the week.
4.  Journal logging everyday.  If you do that you can look back and see how productive you are.
5.  Making a budget and sticking to it.
6.  Work on getting out of debt.
7.  Realizing I probably should only pick a few off the list.

Ok, so here goes....
WHAT shall I do today.  I am off from work.   Love November-Jan holidays for sure.
First off, I will take my hubby to work, then meet up with my two friends, Lauri and Joy, to go to Applebee's for lunch.
When I get home, I will put a turkey in the oven so we will have food to take for lunches this week.
Well I am off to get in the shower, fix my hair, and be off to have fun with my friends.

I'm Back, now what?.......
I do need to get that turkey in the oven.  I will at least accomplish that today.
I've been knitting on an afghan for Jeff's friend,  I might pop in Mr. Poppers' Penguins and knit the rest of the evening.  I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow, but alas, the real world calls.....
Yup, I think that's what is on the list for tonight.
I had a marvelous time with my friends.  I have the best friends in the world.  We had a good time, at least I did.  I feel much better.
We were talking about setting goals etc., and my friend Joy showed me her notebook of things she wants to accomplish, but with no specific date beside each thing.  She simply crosses them off when she gets them done and adds more to the list.  I like this idea.  Maybe I can create a page of TO DO things, separate from my main page and keep a list.  I like that idea better than setting goals.  Now, I just have to figure out how to create that list.  hmmm....maybe I need to visit with my cousin, Cat, who is a whiz at blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment