Friday, December 30, 2011

Saturday October 15

Well, last month I did a lot of sewing.   I made a Burda dress for a friend.  I have to say I didn't like the pattern.  It was for a school chorus/dance team so it looks like a square dancing dress.  The instructions were awful. The measurements on the pattern did not equal what they said they were.   I staystitched the v-neck and when I went to put on the facing it was 4 inches too short.  I had to start over on the bodice.   Let me tell you I was not a happy camper!

Then around the 15th of Sep I started sewing for my friends daughter for her bridesmaids.   The pattern was Butterick B5457.  Above is a pic of the girls in their dresses.  I made 5 of them.  I didn't care for the pattern.  It wasn't so difficult to put together, however, when you put the inner lining to the bodice, it wasnt wide enough.  I didn't have enough fabric to remake it so I had to split it at the bottom of the seams in the princess line and spread it about 1/2 inch on each seam.     I made 1 size 12 and shortened the waist 1inch.  The rest were size 14.  I had

No comments:

Post a Comment